一. suck本义就是吸、吮吸: to take liquid, air, etc. into your mouth by using the muscles of your lips.

The little baby sucked milk from his mother's breast.
婴儿吸允妈妈的乳房吃奶。

Stop sucking your thumb!
不要再吃手指了!

The injury sucked his burned finger.
受伤者用嘴舔着被烧伤的手指。

二. 引申为吸入、吸收等动作或结果:to take in and consume by or as if by suction

The vacuum cleaner sucked up dirt.
吸尘器把灰尘都吸进去了。

三.常用短语:suck sb in将某人卷入某某事件中

suck sb into sth [usually passive] to involve sb in an activity or a situation, especially one they do not want to be involved in;suck up (to sb) (informal, disapproving) to try to please sb in authority by praising them too much, helping them, etc., in order to gain some advantage for yourself

suck up还有拍马屁的意思:

She sucked up to the boss in order to get promoted.
为了升职她不断的拍老板马屁。

四.sth sucks (slang) used to say that sth is very bad:

Their new CD sucks.
这张新的CD太差了。

The network sucks after the Taiwan earthquake. I cannot bear it.
台湾地震后网络就变得极为糟糕,我简直受不了了。

五.《破产姐妹》实战片段

Han.Lee: Hello today! I have nametag for you. Only your second day and look, nametag already…As new owner, I am killing it!
今天好啊!我给你做了个名牌。才上班第二天,我就把名牌给你做好了,作为新东家,我太牛逼了!

Caroline: Thank you. Oh, it says”Carolin”. I’m Caroline. It’s Caroline. With an “E”. I’m Caroline.
谢谢。上面写的是“卡洛淋”。我叫卡洛“琳”,是“王”字旁,我叫卡洛琳。

Han.Lee: As new owner, I am sucking it.
作为新东家,我真是太二逼了!

Max: Just put it on.
你挂着就是了。

本文由沪江编辑Tina精心整理,更多时尚情景趣味口语文章请关注沪江英语900句之《时尚情景口语》专题,内容更丰富,话题更有趣。