Exercises A 练习A
1. I am looking out of my window. I can see some children in the street. The children ______ (play) football. They always ______ (play) football in the street. Now a little boy ______ (kick) the ball. Another boy ______ (run) after him but he cannot catch him.
2. I carried my bags into the hall.
‘What you ______ (do)?’ my landlady asked.
‘I ______ (leave), Mrs. Lynch,’ I answered.
‘Why you ______ (leave)?’ she asked. ‘You have been here only a week.’
‘A week too long, Mrs. Lynch,’ I said. ‘There are too many rules in this house. My friends never ______ (come) to visit me. Dinner is always at seven o’clock, so I frequently ______ (go) to bed hungry. You don’t like noise, so I rarely ______ (listen) to the radio. The heating doesn’t work, so I always ______ (feel) cold. This is a terrible place for a man like me. Goodbye, Mrs. Lynch.’
解答：A. 1. are playing; play; is kicking; is running
2. ‘What are you doing?’; I’m leaving; ‘Why are you leaving?’; come; go; listen; feel
I’m still having breakfast. （现在正在发生的动作）
It’s raining now. （正在进行的动作）
Do you always get up so late? （经常性的动作）
What are you doing?
I go shopping on Sundays.
Exercises B 练习B
My friend never come to visit me. 我的朋友们从来不来看我。
I frequently go to bed hungry. 我经常空着肚子上床。
I rarely listen to the radio. 我很少听收音机。
Ialways feel cold. 我总是感到冷。
I never get up early on Sundays. 星期日我从不早起。
I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime. 我有时一直到午饭时间才起床。
1. She answers my letters. (rarely)
2. We work after six o’clock. (never)
3. The shops close on Saturday afternoon. (always)
4. Do you go to work by car? (always)
5. Our teacher collects our exercise books. (frequently)
6. We spend our holidays abroad. (sometimes)
7. I buy CDs. (often)
8. Do you buy CDs? (ever)
解答：1. She rarely answers my letters.
2. We never work after six o’clock.
3. The shops always close on Saturday afternoon.
4. Do youalways go to work by car?
5. Our teacher frequently collects our exercise books.
6. We sometimes spend our holidays abroad.
7. I often buy CDs.
8. Do youever buy CDs?